Saturday, February 24, 2007

Join Us for Scanfest!

Admit it...you've got a pile of photos and/or genealogy documents you need to scan; several computer folders of digital photos you need to tag and burn to disk; a stack of papers you were planning on copying and mailing to that cousin that's interested in genealogy but doesn't have a computer; or a messy desk that needs straightening and organizing. In other words, you have a project that you haven't gotten to because its boring, mindless, and you can think of other things you'd rather do...

...like instant messaging with your genealogy blogger friends! Please join Lee and me on Sunday, February 25th from 12 - 2 PM, P.S.T. to scan (tag, copy, file, or whatever!) and chat via instant messenger. I will have Windows Live Messenger running. You can send your e-mail address to me (kidmiff AT gmail DOT c o m) and I will add you to my contacts list and the Scanfest group. Or you can search for me--Miriam Robbins Midkiff--to add me to your contacts list, if you have WLM already (it will be kidmiff AT hotmail DOT c o m). To add Windows Live Messenger to your computer, go here.

In the future, we'd like to set up a chat room, but this was rather last minute, as you can see. I'd like to continue it on a permanent basis, i.e. the last Sunday of every month. Please join us!

P.S. Kudos to Susan Kitchens of the Family Oral History blog for coming up with this idea. I would have loved to have her take the lead in this, but haven't heard from her in a while. Maybe she'll be willing to take this on later.

1 comment:

Lee said...

This was a fabulous idea, and I thank Susan for coming up with it, and you, Miriam, for hosting our little group today. I enjoyed my time with you and with Jasia, and I look forward to the next one!

~ Lee