Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tallies for 14 August 2008

I made a bit more headway today (all that weightlifting must have toned up my genea-blogger muscles! ;-) )

4. Write, Write, Write!
D. Write a brief biographical sketch on one of your ancestors.
Today I posted a Wordless Wednesday follow up on my husband's great-grandparents, Peder and Regina LERFALD (yup! they were first cousins to each other!).

This completed task has helped me meet my original goal of earning a gold medal in this category!

5. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!
D. Assist another researcher with a research request or lookup.
I realized there were three lookup requests sitting in my e-mail folder to which I had not responded. The first one was a request to do a look up in microfilmed cemetery records for Greenwood Cemetery in Kent County, Michigan. I had done some preliminary searching in the index, but ran out of time. I contacted the requester and sent him the transcribed information from the index, and promised to finish this lookup the next time I get to the Family History Center. The other two requests were for lookups in records that are now available at FamilySearch's Record Search, so I e-mailed the requesters and explained to them what they could find at that site.

Completing this task brings me up to a gold in this category!

Here's my medal count for each of the categories:
1. Platinum
2. ---
3. Silver
4. Gold
5. Gold

Even though I haven't earned any medals in category 2 (Back Up Your Data!) I am working on it, believe it or not!

Now, Terry of the Desktop Genealogist has not been participating in these Genea-Blogger Games, but she's been running a marathon of her own against lethargy ("7 Days, 7 Requests"). It's really inspiring; have you been reading about her progress? Check it out: 1, 2, 3A, 3B, 4, 5, 6, 7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have the time to partake in the Olympic festivities, but I sure enjoy reading about everyone's progress. Keep up the good work!

TERRY SNYDER said...

Thank you Miriam for the nice mention. It is very appreciated.

You've certainly made an impressive medal tally so far! It's been intersting reading everyone's entries for the games this week.