Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Virginia Travis' Photo is Footnote's Featured Upload

Congratulations to Virginia Travis of Valeehill Genealogy Blog, whose photo of the 1890 reunion of the Ohio 5th Sharpshooters is Footnote's Featured Upload for August 2008!

Virginia used the Annotations feature at Footnote to identify every individual in the photo. This feature makes it easy to use for tagging all those group photos, from military, school, and family reunions to casual group shots. The great thing about all this is it's absolutely free to register and create a gallery in which to upload and annotate your favorite photos or add images that you find at Footnote. It's a great place to backup all those photos you've got sitting on your hard drive. You can also create story pages for free, too. These are similar to blogs in that you can write on a topic and add photos and images of documents to illustrate your posts. Try it out!

P.S. By the way, Happy Birthday, Virginia!

4 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Thanks Miriam!

I have a Footnote membership and to be honest I just don't leverage it as much as I should. I think I will do some posting this afternoon.

t

Kathryn Doyle said...

Miriam,
Thanks so much for posting this and for adding it to the Genea-Bloggers group page at Facebook. I just attended a workshop on Footnote. This is a great incentive for me to spend more time there and check out all the goodies that Virginia has been adding.

Miriam Robbins said...

I love Footnote, and like Thomas, I don't utilize it often enough!

Virginia Hill said...

Better late to say thank you than never...I hope. Thanks, Miriam! I love Footnote, but haven't been spending much time there lately. Still too spread out I guess.