Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Forty Things About Me

I got tagged by a couple of people for this meme, and I didn't particularly want to play (reminds me of the MySpace surveys my daughter loves), but what the heck.

1. Do you like blue cheese? Not particularly.

2. Have you ever done something you regretted? Yes (sheesh, dumb question!), but that doesn't mean I live my life full of regrets.

3. Do you own a gun? Break into my house and find out. And yes, that is exactly the kind of answer someone with the last name of Midkiff would say.

4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Never cared for it.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? 100% beef are fine. Onions and sauerkraut please.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life followed by Holiday Inn

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee, black, not too strong, and the occasional hazelnut latte.

9. Can you do push ups? Yes, I can. The question ought to be: "Should I?" to which I would answer, "Not unless I want my orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist to kill me."

10. Favorite hobby? Crocheting and cross-stitch. Genealogy is my life, not a hobby.

11. Do you have A.D.D.? I do believe so. Maybe even on occasion it's ADHD.

12. What's one trait you hate about yourself? See number 16.

13. Middle name? Joy

14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? a) I really don't like these kinds of memes; b) I should get to bed; and c) I can't think of anything else.

15. Name 3 drinks you regularly have? a) tea (all kinds); b) Diet Pepsi; c) an occasional glass of wine

16. Current hate right now? I don't believe in hate.

17. Favorite place to be? Home.

18. How did you bring in the New Year? Noisemakers, party hats, and rum and cokes.

19. A place would you like to go? Only one? Hmmm...it's a toss up between Salt Lake City and Western Michigan, both which would yield me lots of genealogical rewards.

20. Name three people who will complete this: No clue

21. Do you have slippers? Yes, but I never wear them.

22. What shirt are you wearing? Dark blue "Willard Elementary 2002, est. 1908" with an American flag

23. Do you like sleeping on satin? Doesn't matter.

24. Can you whistle? Yes, and I can also whistle between my fingers quite loudly, a feat I used frequently when I was a camp counselor.

25. Would you be a pirate? Raping and pillaging are illegal.

26. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever's in my head at the moment.

27. Favorite girl's name(s)? Melissa, Melinda, Melody and Melanie. Unfortunately, I only had one daughter, so the last three never got used.

28. What's in your pocket right now? Lint and air

29. Last thing that made you laugh? Thomas' comment about liking his men ground up and in the freezer (it makes me laugh no matter how many times I've read it)!

30. Favorite bed sheets as a child? Peanuts by Charles Schultz

31. Worst injury ever? Rotator cuff tendons tore up by a bone spur (I'm currently recovering from surgery for this, if you haven't already heard).

32. Do you like where you live? My house, yes. My neighborhood, so-so.

33. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three, I think. Unless the old black and white one from my teen years is still in the basement, then it's four. I don't hardly ever watch TV.

34. Who is your loudest friend? Nuess (and all her friends will name her their loudest friend, hands down, too!...we love you, Nu-Nu!)

35. How many dogs do you have? See number 3.

36. Does someone have a crush on you? Oh, I'm sure someone, somewhere does. Not that I'm vain. Really.

37. What is your favorite book? That question is impossible to answer. I just love to read.

38. What is your favorite candy? Real German chocolate. I'm more of a pastry lover, though.

39. Favorite Sports Team? Not really a sports fan. But it is fun to go to the local hockey game: "Go! Chiefs!"

40. What song do you want played at your funeral? I'm not planning on attending, so it doesn't really matter. My favorite hymn always was "I Come to the Garden Alone," but having "Amazing Grace" played on real bagpipes would be fantastic!

No comments: